Wednesday 20 February 2008

Remission

Yes you read correctly - I was told today that I am in remission. How excited am I?!?!? The other piece of brilliant news was that I spoke to the nurse patient educator and Kerry about long term survival and they both said that the longer I survive post transplant the less likely it is that the cancer will come back. Apparently most people that don't make it, don't make it early on. So not only am I in remission but there is a good chance I will stay in remission. I feel like the luckiest person on earth!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Dear Bernadette

Fantastic news about everything in your life. Your health, your love life, your family all going great. Very very happy for you. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Lots of love and hugs from

Sarah, Peter, Jack and Finley
xxxxxx

Sally said...

I am so very very pleased for you. I have been reading your blog for some time. My son is four weeks post stem cell transplant, which has been an incredibly difficult time.
I truly truly wish you all the best and long may your remission last. I tried to comment earlier but it didn't accept it, so I apologise if you get this twice.