Tuesday, 5 February 2008

Happy New Year

Christmas Day at Ben's

Christmas celebration with Adam and Lisa

Day at Seaworld with Jess, Tim, mum and dad

Tiernan's 4th birthday party

Day at home with mum - cooking and then playing outside in the mud and rain

New Year's eve at mum and dad's

Happy New Year to everyone - I know I am about a month late but I have been a little busy. Life is going brilliantly. We had the most lovely Christmas. Jess and Tim came over on Christmas eve and stayed the night. Jess and I were up late making sure that Santa came and left his trail for the kids to find the next morning. On Christmas morning, mum, dad and I were up at the crack of dawn but the kids decided to sleep until 7.00am. We were so excited for them and could not believe that they were sleeping in!! They had a lovely time opening the presents and even Arielle got into the mood. After breakfast we went over to Ben and Rebecca's and had Christmas lunch over there. Once again the kids were spoilt and had a great time. The kids went to their dad's for the rest of the afternoon and we partied on.

I stayed at Jess and Tim's for a few days and Jess and I had a great time hitting the Christmas sales. The credit card got a bit of a hiding! The kids were back with me for new year's and Jess, Tim, Ben and Rebecca came over to mum and dad's. We saw the new year in and had a lovely night together. The rest of January was quite busy. Tiernan turned 4 and we had a 4th birthday party for him at McDonald's. He loved it and had a lot of fun with his friends. We caught up with my cousin Adam and his family a few times and the kids absolutely loved being together. Tiernan and I did a trip to Movieworld with Julian (more about him later) and his kids. I was very proud of Tiernan - usually he gets very scared and upset on rides however he was very brave and even went on the log ride with the big dip and splash at the end. The kids had an absolutely fantastic day. Then a few days later, mum, dad, Jess, Tim, the kids and I went to Seaworld. Again we had a fantastic time. Arielle even got into the ideas of the rides and we all had such a wonderful day.

Healthwise things have been ok but not perfect. I had a little trouble the day before new year's and had a little trip into hospital (turned out to just be a chest infection) and then two and half weeks ago I managed to get food poisoning and had a one night stint in hospital. Other than those two little hiccups though things are going well. I have had another CT and all was good - still scar tissue there but no new growths - fingers crossed it stays that way. I have had some more tests on my heart and it's functioning has got a little worse but nothing to be overly concerned about. I am still on my heart medication and quite a few other tablets but I suppose it is a small price to pay for still being alive! I have gone back to being able to drink alcohol which I am starting to really enjoy. Nothing beats a lovely glass of wine with a great meal. I am going to a health retreat on Sunday for 5 nights which I cannot wait for. It will be so lovely - there are lots of wonderful activities such as kayaking, yoga, meditation, flying fox and so on as well as some lovely treatments such as massages and body wraps. I need to refocus and get some more positive energy and thoughts back regarding my health (lately I seem to be a little preoccupied by the fact that I only have a 30% chance of being here in 5 years). Hopefully I will come back a fresh, rejuvenated person.

Well I promised more about Julian... who is that you ask. Well as I mentioned in my last blog I started dating again. I used an online site called RSVP on the recommendation of a good friend. Anyway, in December I happened to meet a lovely guy called Julian. He is a 35 year old English programmer with two children (girl 8 and boy 6). We have really hit it off and we both make each other very happy. His kids are also lovely and the 4 of them (his and mine) get on well. I was not expecting to meet someone so special so soon but I suppose life works in mysterious ways.

My house has not really progressed much. The land settled and the plans were in with the architect for December and January. The architect called yesterday to say that the plans were all finished and I will be picking them up today. The next step is to take them to three builders and get quotes and then the building can finally start.

Well nothing else to report. I hope everyone is having a great 2008


Anonymous said...

Hey Bern
I love the photo of the kids in the kitchen cooking! How cute.. They look like they are having such a wonderful time.

And the one of them in the shell really show how much rain you have been getting - gosh.

Love Nat

Anonymous said...

Hey Bernadette, thanks for the update, it sounds like you've had a ball over the last few months!! We'll have to organise a catch up soon. Can't believe that rain though, wish it was up our way. The kids are beautiful, Arielle looks really "Maltese" with her little gorgeous curls, how fantastic. Hope you enjoyed the day spa. Take care. love Sharon